Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with excellent, wholesome, and innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches over two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines and books are dedicated to helping children become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
Director, Ecommerce Site Operations
This position is for an experienced Director, Ecommerce Site Operations with web/technology expertise who is eager to play an integral role on the Production team at Highlights for Children. The Director eCommerce Site Operations will work closely with the consumer business team to provide innovative online site solutions that drive sales, profitability, customer satisfaction, and customer acquisition and retention. This position will work closely with Marketing, IT, Fulfillment and other functional areas to drive eCommerce strategies for Highlights.com. This position will direct day to day site operations and drive continuous improvement efforts.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, daily interactions with business partners, product management teams, operations, and technology partners to quickly turn around priorities related to websites in the Highlights family of sites, supporting web application systems while interacting with technology teams over back-end data collection systems, and prioritizing and strategizing the implementation of multiple business requests at any given moment. The Highlights for Children Web Production team in Columbus, OH is a support group that maintains the daily operation of websites for businesses including highlights.com, store.highlights.com and mobile sites.
- Through collaboration with business partners, industry experts, and others, drive efforts to continually increase site performance in support of business objectives. Define, report, and interpret analytic results. Leverage analytical insights to drive effective decisions regarding site functionality enhancements and to optimize the site experience for increased sales, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive increases in website traffic, conversion rates, average order size, customer profitability, retention and other key business success drivers.
- Manage the day-to-day site operations working with other functional support areas including, IT, Marketing, Fulfillment, Customer Contact Center and 3rd party service providers.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues and risks to site performance. Ensure timely and competent research and resolution of site operations support issues.
- Participate in strategic planning and business case development to guide ecommerce technology investment decision making.
- Partner with IT in the evaluation, selection, implementation and management of new eCommerce technologies.
- Manage the customer experience including design, content, information architecture, branding/marketing, site performance, functionality and usability.
- Work with upper management to understand and define business requirements and goals. Develop short and long term objectives and ensure site solutions and performance supports business objectives.
- Operationally support new and current customer facing production applications, systems, and supporting infrastructure
- Ensure appropriate and timely communication and escalation of business impacting incidents
- Partner closely with other cross line of business leaders to define and provide support for products and services
- Manage multiple business partners, many large projects at once, and distributed teams
- Partner with the various IT organizations to implement and leverage tools and applications to monitor and support products and services
- Mentor Production Department, lead process improvement efforts, lead estimation and requirements workshops with senior executives and business partners
- Manages annual plans, budgets, forecasts, vendor contracting and invoicing
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of tasks with a wide degree of creativity and latitude (expected)
- Scrum certification; PMP certification (recommended)
10+ years software project delivery experience, 2-5 years Agile
- Experience, 5-7 years people management experience
- Previous experience as a Web Producer, or similar project/program management position leading all aspects of multiple operational requests for clients and/or business partners
- Experience managing requests that include integration with multiple back-end systems
- Able to partner with multiple stakeholders to manage expectations, gain acceptance and trust, as well achieve high client satisfaction ratings
- Able to deliver under extreme deadlines in an intense business environment
- Able to fully understand and clearly communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Able to lead a diverse team from operations, business, and technical disciplines
- Thorough understanding of the software development process, particularly as it relates to web-based applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Highlights is a dynamic organization focused on delivering excellence in all facets of our business. We offer a positive environment and competitive compensation and benefits. EOE