What Data Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Analytics is responsible for understanding, preparing, processing and analyzing data to make the data valuable and useful for operational and/or decision making purposes. Data Analytics may need to team with Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics and Data Governance positions to create highly useful information.
- Uses knowledge of business objectives, strategies, and needs to identify opportunities where data can be leveraged to achieve the desired business benefits.
- Has an understanding of current data context, processes and availability, and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to achieve the desired benefits.
- Prepares and analyzes data. This can include: locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, importing, transforming, validating or modeling.
- Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights or improve data quality.
- Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences other to take action based on the useful information provided.
- Implements and maintains decision support or master data management solutions.
Accountabilities in this role
The Sr Manager, eCommerce Analytics and Insights will be responsible for analytical efforts to drive customer engagement through our medical eCommerce experience. In addition, the manager will be accountable for generating actionable insights based on analytics that support the medical segments business objectives. This role will also be accountable for creating a statistical model that will be used to report on the success of the medical eCommerce experience.
- Create statistical model to report on the success of the medical eCommerce experience aligned to the business case objectives.
- Implement digital dashboards and prepare weekly and monthly updates that summarize month over month/year over year web performance including but not limited to customer engagement.
- Provide regular, meaningful insights out of data that enables the team to take action to drive CAH brand sales.
- Share insights with merchandising function and support the merchandising team with analytics
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as required to address key questions and issues.
- Leveraging analytics, identify areas of opportunity to further improve profitability and drive CAH brand revenue
- Define analytics tags needed and ensure analytics tags are setup properly within the medical eCommerce experience
- Develop a monthly process to generate new ideas and initiatives to optimize our medical eCommerce experience and prioritize testing efforts.
- Support customer migration by developing the data model needed within Alteryx and Tableau. Be able to shift customers to various waves based on the customer migration strategy.
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience working with analytics (Adobe Analytics), tag management (Adobe DTM, Ensighten, Signal, etc.) and testing (Adobe Target) platforms.
- Experience with statistical computing languages such as R
- Demonstrated ability to create model to track performance of the eCommerce experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop processes and use tools to ensure data quality maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to answer business questions using analytics data and tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate analytic insights to non-analytic stakeholders
- Strong team player and experience working cross functionally
- Excellent analytic skills and fluency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience using Analytics software such as Alteryx, Tableau, SAS, SPSS a plus
- Database management experience, including SQL, a plus
- Strong communication skills preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently; receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues