Website Highlights for Children
Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with excellent, wholesome, and innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches over two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines and books are dedicated to helping children become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
The primary role of the Digital Marketing Development Manager is to manager current and new revenue building relationships. They will develop a rapport with partners, set targets for sales, and provide needed support to continually improve growth from the relationship. They will grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and new offers to clients. The Manager, Digital Marketing Development, will work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff.
This person will also provide direct support to the director and participate in new client prospecting by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They will then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
- Prospect for potential new partnerships while driving profitable revenue from existing partners to achieve or exceed budgeted financial targets.
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and offers that enhance existing relationships
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system (currently Salesforce)
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Create projects in Workfront for creation of assets needed for advertising campaigns
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the client’s contacts and opportunities
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Provide help and support with creation of budgets and reforecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales or marketing
MBA a plus
- 3-5 years experience in digital market sales or digital marketing
Proven track record
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proficiency in English
- Market knowledge
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
Highlights is a mission driven organization. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning. Through the work we do and as an inclusive corporate community, we are dedicated to cultivating our best selves in our workplace. We aim to hire talent that strives for excellence while doing the work they love, by enhancing the lives of kids and families. We come together with a common purpose because, we believe children are the world’s most important people.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com