Website Highlights for Children
Highlights for Children, a family media brand that has been nurturing children with excellent, wholesome, and innovative products for more than 70 years, reaches over two million children every month throughout the world. Our wide variety of “Fun with a Purpose” magazines and books are dedicated to helping children become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
Digital Paid Media Manager
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, the Digital Paid Media Manager will manage all components of paid media (Paid Search, Paid Social, Display) for the Highlights consumer business. Working with our agency, the DPMM will strategize on campaign planning, keyword and audience development, implementation, and work with their direct report to manage day-to-day execution. This position will work closely with our agency and their direct report to implement paid media copy, landing page mapping, and flawless test structures. This role is also responsible for tracking daily spend and measuring results including daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly tracking of site traffic, conversion, landing page performance, and omni channel results working with Agency, Analytics, and Customer Insights teams. Responsible for working with Director and finance teams to spend the next $ most effectively within Paid Search, Paid Social, and Display to ensure budget maximization based on goals ROAS/efficiency, new customers, market share/share of voice.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage all components of paid search, PLAs, RLSA campaigns for branded and non-branded key terms for the consumer business to achieve or exceed budgeted financial targets
- Manage all components of Paid Social (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and Display (Retargeting, Programmatic) for the consumer business
- Provides detailed input into budget and monthly forecasts for paid search/PLAs, Paid Social, Display. Responsible with Director for holding to budget/forecast and pacing on target by month AND identifying opportunities for investment at favorable ROAS to be managed very closely.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Program manager to guide creative for any seasonal assets needed for media channels.
- Develop, implement and execute campaigns with rigorous monitoring with Agency partner to ensure continual improvement and efficiency gains and/or new customers
- Make recommendations for optimization of campaigns including key word structure, bid types, landing pages, and copy working with Agency, peer managers, and cross functional teams.
- Work with Director and Manager peers as a high performing team to instill best practices across all campaigns and use agency and internal resources to produce insightful analysis to optimize on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with creative services and translate creative briefs into specific actions for paid search strategy, copy, landing pages in support of communicated business and integrated marketing objectives.
- Innovation: Stay current on emerging trends, new technology, best practices and competitors to constantly evolve our digital paid media capabilities. Proactively understand impact to other digital/marketing channels and work in tandem.
- Develop and oversee our paid media testing strategy, working with customer insights and web analytics team to develop tests which enable continuous evolution of the paid search/PLA mix and overall media mix relying on attribution analytics.
- Manage direct report to support the consumer business and paid media with best in class reporting, analytics, and testing structure.
Work with Director/VP to build relationship with Google and
- Facebook inclusive of monthly insights, and put insights into action.
- Interact with all levels of the organization; must be able to articulate plans, implementation needs, and results working with various functions including eCommerce and IT
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or related field
- 5+ years of marketing experience with at least 2+ years of paid search experience; 2 years managing others
SEM bid management experience or Google Ad word Certification a plus.
- Experience in a digital or retail and direct to consumer environment preferred
- Demonstrated experience with implementing digital marketing/paid search initiatives and A/B testing
- Deep understanding of paid search and digital ecosystem and evolving tools and platforms used
- Analytical thinker with a can-do, problem-solving attitude and knowledge of digital analytics
- High attention to detail, excellent project management, and drive to achieve deadlines – test and learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities.
- Knowledge of site analytics tools, ad tagging tools/approaches, and attribution measurement.
- Conduct competitive scans for channel and roll up into eCommerce overall analyses
- Strong MS excel skills
Highlights is a mission driven organization. We help children become their best selves by publishing content and creating experiences that engage, delight, and foster joyful learning. Through the work we do and as an inclusive corporate community, we are dedicated to cultivating our best selves in our workplace. We aim to hire talent that strives for excellence while doing the work they love, by enhancing the lives of kids and families. We come together with a common purpose because, we believe children are the world’s most important people.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org