Website IGS Energy
Following a recent rebrand, we have the goal of connecting with new audiences using multiple on-and-offline tactics to contact customers in intentional and efficient ways. Ultimately, you will help us ensure that we spend our marketing budget efficiently and that we target our audience effectively through successful campaigns.
Responsible for using a variety of data sources to help Marketing drive data-based decisions; partnering with multiple cross-functional teams to understand company initiatives and execute campaigns; creating and maintaining insightful reporting that drives decision-making; owning the segmentation and creation of customer lists for direct mail and email campaigns using SQL; forecasting sales driven by marketing tactics.
We’re IGS Energy – a team of people that believes we’re both capable and obligated to promote sustainability and energy independence. Sustainable energy can be simpler, and that’s exactly what we bring to homes and businesses across the U.S. We’re innovating smart technology that lets us all source clean energy, manage our carbon footprints and even protect our homes’ utility lines and appliances. Start your IGS Energy career today!
As the ideal candidate for this Marketing Optimization Analyst position, you will be instrumental in ideating, executing and analyzing marketing campaigns. You can wear multiple hats: on a Monday, you might spend most of your time ‘heads down’ doing data analytics using SQL and VBA to understand the answer to an important question; on a Wednesday, you might be presenting your findings to company leadership, and on a Friday, you might find yourself teaching best practices or meeting with business partners. You enjoy the challenge and excitement of working on multiple projects at the same. You have a strong attention to detail, and you are very organized! There is so much opportunity to make this role your own and to have a great deal of project ownership and influence in marketing at IGS.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships and work closely with cross functional teams – including Marketing, Sales, Finance and IT – to identify opportunities for customer acquisition and cross-sell
- Use data to tell stories and present findings to leadership in compelling ways to help drive marketing and sales decisions. Identify and suggest optimization opportunities and recommendations to appropriate executional teams
- Report on sales and marketing KPIs like sales/conversions, leads, response rates, website traffic and CPA/COA. Ensure timely delivery of reporting and insights, and build user-friendly answers to basic marketing questions (e.g., executive dashboards)
- Use IGS databases and third-party data sources to segment data, creating direct mail and email lists that accomplish campaign goals of efficient customer acquisition; ensure that campaign tracking is properly in place; create reporting that clearly communicates campaign success and provide post-campaign summaries and key takeaways
- Partner with Marketing, Sales and Finance to assist in creating the annual sales budget and provide recommendations for monthly sales forecasts
- Use internal and external data, including demographic data, to segment populations of potential customers into similar groups to allow for a targeted contact strategy. Drive profitable customer behavior through segmentation and lifecycle initiatives
- Analyze sales funnels and customer intent; measure ROI of online and offline advertising campaigns. Conduct competitive research and analyze benchmarking data.
- Work with Marketing to teach best practices on data analysis, testing and targeting, industry tools and trends, measuring campaign results using statistical significance, and other marketing best practices
- 3+ years of work experience as a Marketing Optimization Analyst or in a similar role
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and analytical abilities
- In-depth understanding of marketing campaign tactics including Direct Mail, Email Marketing, PPC/SEM and SEO
- Knowledge of SQL and of Microsoft Excel (advanced formulas/pivot tables) and VBA; knowledge of data warehousing and data mining
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly convey complex ideas to leadership and to communicate with both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Strong project management skills; can drive multiple initiatives involving multiple stakeholders at once; excellent organization skills
- Familiarity with PowerBI or similar data visualization tools
- Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point)
- BA/BS in Analytics, Marketing, Business, Communication or relevant field
- Experience in an energy-related field is not a requirement, but it’s a nice-to-have!
To apply for this job please visit igsenergy.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.