Website Root Insurance
The company: Root is a company of 500 and (mindfully) growing. In March of 2015, we set out to build an insurance solution that did two things: 1) gave an unprecedented easy user experience and 2) used modern data to more accurately predict risk. We created a mobile car insurance app, and we changed the entire industry in the process.
The culture: Root is a venture-backed technology company. Our early signs of success are in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building it. We look for individuals who can find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity and rigor. We expect every team member to lead with empathy and respect.
Reports to: VP of Growth
- Performance Analysis: Track and monitor performance of assigned marketing initiatives and channels. Partner with Engineering to create and maintain automated performance dashboards as needed.
- Insight Generation & Optimization Recommendation: Conduct ad-hoc analyses to uncover new insights and make recommendations on how to improve business performance; leverage various analytical and statistical approaches to deepen the quality of insights.
- Design Experiments: Partner with the initiative owner to design and deploy testing iterations designed to continuously improve business results. Actively contribute to marketing planning and execution.
- Funnel Conversion: Partner with creative and product teams to continuously test and optimize email/push/SMS “nurturing” communication to customers and prospects to optimize performance at each step of the funnel.
- Competitive Benchmarking: Research and capture competitive activity in assigned channels. Communicate insights and recommendations to the broader team.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or another business-related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Analytical mindset; highly proficient in SQL, Excel, and statistical analysis methods
- Experience with R, Tableau and/or HTML skills (or willingness to learn)
- Experience with experiment design and A/B test analysis across multiple KPIs
- Experience with ad management and tracking platforms, such as Google Adwords, Google Analytics and Facebook preferred. Previous experience with a marketing automation platform (eg, Marketo, Braze, LeanPlum, Eloqua) a plus
- Experience analyzing email/push notification programs, and combining send/open metrics with internal financial metrics
- Superior problem solver with the ability to independently identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Experience communicating analyses and fielding questions from executive team members
- Embraces Root’s values and excited to be a part of our dynamic culture; has a ‘do-what-it-takes’ attitude toward driving for results in a fast-paced work environment
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.